Are you new to soldering? Then you’re in luck! Our Soldering Village, open throughout the conference, is designed to teach everyone how to solder. And the best part is, you’ll be creating your very own badge!
The village will be open from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM each day.
A few reminders, suggestions, things to know, dos and don’ts that may morph into rules if needed, please don’t make us do that.
- Help your neighbors: this isn’t a test to work at JPL, it’s a #HackerSummerCamp Activity
- Feel free to bring and work on other projects, just be aware that we may ask you to take a break if all the other stations are full.
- Be patient, soldering is a skill.
- The village staff and volunteers are here to help you learn, they are not there to clean up after you. Please use the marked containers for scrap bits. Clean up after yourself so others will have a clean station to start with.
- Shouldn’t have to say this, but please do not remove any equipment from the soldering village. In the long run, and Uber to Fry’s will be less expensive.
This video breaks down the completion of the Red Gem badge:
You can also view full text instructions [here].
The code which is running on the ATtiny is available and will be shared soon.
This video shows you how to solder the 1 of 100 badge, if you win it and don’t have time to complete on site: