Thank you to everyone who watched and donated!
We hosted a mini, virtual conference stream hosted and supported by The Blind Hacker and Dead Pixel Sec on their Twitch Channel. You can watch the recording on twitch for the next 60 days here: [https://www.twitch.tv/videos/559735172]
We raised a total of $8,189 – it came from [$3,602 on twitch], [$587 through our donation form], and $4,000 through a twitter direct fund check donation! Our community is incredibly generous and supportive! Thank you all!
10 OSINT courses donated by [TheCyberViking] and awarded to: Elithia, WarlordTulley, Jai V [@s0ciabl3ng], @plaverty9, Ali on Insecurity, bsdbandit, Joseph Huth [@5P4RT4N], Lou Stella, pixlblur, and DigiP.
Raspberry Pi and Diana Initiative Challenge Coin donated by TheBlindHacker and the winners: empty array and @pearce_barry
2 BSidesNova tickets awarded to: @ModChurch
2 BSidesCharm tickets awarded to: elithia and woodookitty
30 minute resume review sessions donated by [Carlota] to donors during her presentation that donated more than $20: JL, Blind Hacker, DigiP and BSDBandit
22 Diana Initiative tickets donated by Ann Johnson and Virginie, and awarded to: @plaverty9, @SiriusCyberntx, Lfslstlbrty (2), Jamie Winterton [@j_winterton], Lou Stella, bsdbandit, and we are trying to confirm with more people right now!
Thank you to everyone who donated, including their time, money, knowledge, and these awesome prizes!
WHEN: Leap Day (29 Feb 2020); 12 hours starting at 11am Eastern (8am Pacific / 4pm UTC)
WHERE: [Twitch channel for The Blind Hacker]
WHAT: Speakers and presenters from around the globe will be chatting – might be a mini conference talk, or perhaps a personal perspective about The Diana Initiative, or maybe even a panel discussion covering some of the topics near and dear to our hearts.
WHO: Anyone is welcome to attend our event. As with our in-person conference, we ask that all attendees adhere to our [Code of Conduct].
WHY: We’re trying to raise awareness and funds for our 2020 event in Las Vegas. Come, watch the stream, learn about Diana Initiative, [donate] if you feel compelled, etc.
Start times are listed as [Pacific / Eastern / UTC]
- [08:00 / 11:00 / 16:00]
- Keynote presented by Cheryl @3ncr1pt3d
History and overview of The Diana Initiative
- [09:00 / 12:00 / 17:00]
- “How to Dockerize a Tool (for beginners)” presented by Tobias @lordsaibat
- [10:00 / 13:00 / 18:00]
- “Introduction to the hands-on CTF for the day” presented by Marcelle @marcellelee
- [11:00 / 14:00 / 19:00]
- “A history of least privilege in unix relatives, from Multics to Kubernetes” presented by Murph
For deep kernel nerds to trace the history of kernel additions that enabled process isolation.
- [12:00 / 15:00 / 20:00]
- “The Unspoken Side of OSINT” presented by CyberViking @TheCyberViking
- [13:00 / 16:00 / 21:00]
- “Jekyll and Hyde: The Dark and Light of the Security Professional Image” presented by Michael Jenks @ExiledAtraidez
- [14:00 / 17:00 / 22:00]
- Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition panel featuring Charity @CharCharBonkles; Ryan @theRealFr13nd; Bobby @bobthehackr; Nathaniel @ModChurch; Andrew @capnspacehook
- [15:00 / 18:00 / 23:00]
- “Hackers’ Rights” presented by Chloé @ChloeMessdaghi
- [16:00 / 19:00 / 00:00]
- “Data Analysis – the difficulties in striking the balance between protecting the data, but *still* having usable data” presented by Deveeshree Nayak
- [17:00 / 20:00 / 01:00]
- “Writing Tips & Tricks” presented by Karen @GeekmomK
- [18:00 / 21:00 / 02:00]
- Resume & Interview Tips & Tricks panel featuring Carlota @carlotasage and Nicole @CircuitSwan
- [19:00 / 22:00 / 03:00]
- “Coverage-guided, Structured Data Fuzzing with pfp, 010 Editor Templates, and libfuzzer” presented by James Johnson @d0c_s4vage
- [20:00 / 23:00 / 04:00]
- Wrap up with The Blind Hacker